Thursday, October 16, 2008

Video/Politix: Hayden Attempts Tongue-in-Cheek Humor, Curses

So about a week ago, Hay-Hay woke me up by gently rubbing my back and smiling as if she wanted something. Unfortunately, what she wanted was not the same thing I wanted.

"Babe," she said, "Do you think Emily (her manager) would be pissed if I did a sarcastic viral video for Funny or Die where I said 'f*ck' a few times? I mean, it'd be funny and topical, not just me cursing for no reason. You know, for change, babe."

I told her I was barely awake and would need get my brain going before giving her a well-thought-out answer.

As she cooked us breakfast, I pondered. "Why not?" I said. She let out a girly squeal, kissed me on the cheek, and ran out of the room with her iPhone.

What an angel. Little did she know that the only reason I said yes was because I felt guilty for no longer watching her show since no one ever dies anymore, so there are no real stakes for any of the characters.

Anyway, here it is.

No comments: