Friday, October 17, 2008

Preash: 1 YEAR OLD!!!

Today, Preash is 1 year old.

On this day one year ago at 1:28 CST, Preash was born.

I want to thank the 4 or 5 of you devoted Preashers who wholly account for the nearly 300,000 page views since Preash's inception.



I started Preash partly out of wanting to share all the funny, stupid stuff I found online, on TV and elsewhere that other may (or often may not) enjoy...and partly out of vanity (hence the page hit counter at the bottom of the page).

As work and life have become busier for me over the last year, it has been brought to my attention that I have strayed away from the traditional humorous blogging and veered more towards just posting videos and stuff. While I still don't the time and resources to keep up with the weekly Preash features (e.g. Throwback Thursday), I have been trying to do more writing and will try to get back into sharing some of the funnier/more awkward run-ins from my personal life.



I think when I started to see the page hits go up, I started trying to appeal to the masses instead of remaining devoted to you peeps who were Preashin' from the get-go. I slowly came to the realization that any 'tard can just post videos and internet junk without adding any original content. It's this guy who makes the difference.

So anywho, that's something to look forward to.

I love to hear feedback, positive or negative, about what's working and what's not on Preash. So c'mon, assholes, post comments every now and then. You don't have to create an account or anything.



But again, thanks to all you Preashers, both those who just mindlessly ogle ("The Official Pop Culture Website of Adult ADD") and especially those of you who contribute by sharing crazy stuff I may not have seen or commenting.

To celebrate Preash's anniversary, I'm gonna re-post some of the best Preash posts of the last year. If you can think of any that stuck out in your mind and I forgot, please do share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Ryan, that I appreciate what you had to say. I agree wholeheartedly that you need to go back your roots - Because that's why I always check your blog everyday. But sometimes its months in between good old fashion Ryan embarrassment and the same stuff I see on TMZ and Perez. Preash, dude. Can't wait to see what the future holds. And I promise to comment more. Deal?

Anonymous said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/18/us/politics/18ads.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin