Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movies: G.I. Joe Trailer

Why isn't there anything on TV to look forward to on Sunday nights? It's the most depressing night of the week.

Couldn't they put a show on that you can look forward to to distract you from the impending five days? And, more signifcantly, the impending five nights of stifling the urge to do anything outside of the realm of your typical routine because you know you'll just hate yourself that much more when the clock radio sounds off at 7:33, just after the chorus and into the second verse of Flo Rida's "Low."

HBO used the be the sh*t on Sunday nights. Not so much now. Isn't Mad Men on Sunday nights? Can't wait for that to come back.

Amid that depression, I turned over to King of the Hill for some wholesome, relatable comedy. And during a commercial break, I saw the trailer for G.I. Joe.



HFS! The trailer does a great job of pulling you in by not even mentioning that it's G.I. Joe until the last 30 seconds of the 2-minute trailer. They just show one badass shot after another. The suits make humans superhuman!

The actual film will probably suck ass. But the trailer gave me a boner.

No comments: