Thursday, May 21, 2009

Preash: Boone's Ongoing Injury Saga

I had to take Boone back to the vet yesterday morning to have his paw rebandaged and his stitches assessed. Unfortunately, the night before, I made the mistake of trusting him and not putting on his e-collar before I went to bed. (Fun Fact: e-collar stands for Elizabethan collar. It has nothing to the with the internets, as anyone under the age of 80 would probably assume upon hearing "Do you need an e-collar?")


Queen Elizabeth was a notorious wound licker

When I woke up, I immediately noticed his bandages were gone. They were strewn across the room. And he ripped his stitches out. $350 wasted. I'm an idiot for trusting him.

However, the cut looked better and he wasn't in pain. The vet said there's no need for new stitches, rebandaged him and set us on our way. She said the e-collar has to stay on 24/7. The only time he can have it off is when he's in my lap. So he's been riding fly with the e-collar ever since.

It doesn't seem to bother him too much anymore. I guess he's kinda gotten used to it. He trips over it when he gets going to fast or tries to sniff the grass while he's walking. It scrapes the walls and furniture as he walks around the apartment but he doesn't seem to care. Now when he's following me or standing by me waiting for me to drop food I know he's there because I can feel the e-collar jabbing me in the leg. I'm pretty sure he enjoys that feature. A tactile reminder to "accidentally" drop a piece of turkey when I'm making a sandwich.

We do get a lot of "aaawwww"s from hot chicks driving by with their windows down. Bonus.

Click to enlarge






Because it will take weeks for the cut to fully heal, he'll be rocking e-collar for quite a while longer. And looking half-retarded the whole time. Maybe I can figure out a crunk way to pimp his e-collar. Ideas?

1 comment:

Morgan Ash said...

Glitter and Puff Paint.