Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Internets: Meme Scenery

This dude, Andy Baio, has recreated a bunch of famous internet memes without the meme...leaving just the scenery. Fun times!

Check out Meme Scenery.

I knew 18 of the 22 (three I couldn't get, one I got wrong). But then again, I am the King of the Internets. So don't feel bad when you can't name nearly as many.

Note: I had to make up a new term today for a certain co-worker based on his lack of knowledge in the fundamentals. Nouveau net. Like nouveau riche except with the internets instead of money.

He tries to compete with the King but has never heard of a lot of the classics that true netizens are all over. Over the months, I discovered that he'd never heard All Your Base, Numa Numa, Ceiling Cat and many others that are more than a few years old. Do yo research, son. I been havin' memes.



Now will someone help me off this high horse, please?

Link via Tumblr

2 comments:

Morgan Ash said...

You're absolutely ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

The king of the internets can't even figure out how to post a background pic on twitter. It's just sad....the being on twitter part that is.