Monday, December 10, 2007

Music: Pierce The Veil = the next big thing



The only thing that's holding them back is the "ie" and "ei" in their group name. Tough enough for a college grad, let alone a suicidal, angst-ridden tween who sees outcast as
*Outkast.

Anywho, I've been feenin' for another good emo/screamo/pop/punk/rock band to emerge so I can once again pump my fists and mouth the words, "I...f-ckin'...haaaate...yooooooouuuuuuu!!!!" just enough to creep out the MILF running next to me on the elliptical, while simultaneously burning off those holiday cals.

Pierce the Veil seems to be the answer. I watched the "Currents Convulsive" music video (the embedded video below) and was very curious, but thought they'd be too hard for my taste.

After visiting their MySpace page, I was quite impressed. From the 4 tracks I've heard from them thus far, each has it's own feel: from amped-up vocal pop-punk, to the emo/acoustic Fallout Boy-esque ballad, to the acoustic rock/R&B jam a la Babyface, to hardcore screamo.

These kids seem to be very capable of producing good songs of several differing genres.

The main dude's voice reminds me of Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria because of its vibrato quality, but it's not as high-pitched.

They're out of San Diego (loosely translated to "a whale's vagina").

NOW ROCK.

No comments: