Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sports: The 2nd biggest game of the year

The revolotion was NOT televised. BULLSHIT.



The NFL could have made sooooo much money from advertising dollars by showing Packers vs. Cowboys on any channel tonight.

From what I heard, it was the first 10-1 to 10-1 matchup in like 20 years.

I dunno if it should be blamed on most major cable companies for not carrying the NFL Network as a given, or blamed on the NFL for being greedy and keeping one of (if not THE) best game of the season on an opt-in channel on a Thursday night. I tend to think the ladder.

Regardless, the NFL could have easily made devoted fans happier (and made an assload of cash) if they weren't so hell-bent on expanding their empire on a global scale ASAP.

BTW - Cowboys win, 37-27

2 comments:

Shane said...

Isn't the TV schedule for NFL games set at the beginning of the season? I'm only a casual NFL fan, but before the season started, I don't think I foresaw the Packers and the Cowboys having these records at this point in the season.

It's kinda like every once in a while Monday Night Football will feature two teams with awful records late in the season with nothing at stake, but they still televise it even though nobody tunes in.

That being said, here I'm in such a skewed time zone that I didn't even get off work today until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Unknown said...

Wellsir, I hate to break this to you, but should the Patriots get through their next couple games to get to 15-0, that potentially record-setting 16th game will also appear on the NFL Network. BULLSHIT.

As I understand it, if the NFL caved, Comcast, TimeWarner, etc would carry the NFL Network but for a premium price - do you think you'd end up getting it either way?