Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Video: Amazing Bears Do Badass Human Stuff for Food

I don't usually post videos of animals doing human stuff unless it's mind-blowing. This is. Because it seems like they taught themselves.



When I was a kid, my family went to the Brownsville Zoo. It was a hot, boring, summer day at the zoo. But then as we rounded a corner, we could start to hear applause. When I got to the scene, I found the source of the applause. It was the chimpanzee area. The chimps were clapping!

They learned, over the years, that the way to get people's attention and, in turn, get food was to clap. Then people would throw a chunk of food and they'd catch it like it wasn't a big deal. It was awesome. Anytime a human would walk into the area he or she got a round of applause from a group of hungry chimps.

It was very reminiscent of this bear video. And it reminded me of the classic Bob and Ed, The Urgently Screaming Goats.

4 comments:

obiwan said...

This must be where circus bears go before they die. Once, I saw a baby monkey at the zoo with a pizza box on his head. His was blinded by it and continued to run into trees. Years later I caught my father as senility started to sink in...he too had a pizza box on his head but for an entirely different reason we won't get into. Evolution is a hoax!

Hump Day Sports said...

Which iz ur fav!?? I like the one that looks like he's cupping his mouth to yell while waving!

Anonymous said...

IS Rustin speaking English? "IZ UR"

Ryan said...

Yeah, the silent yeller is hands down the best.

Morgan, stop being swabby. I think it's safe to assume those were purposeful misspellings. Oh, and he wasn't speaking. He was typing.