Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Books: Artie Lange's Too Fat to Fish

No, I didn't mean to type "booze" and accidentally type "books" instead. I had to create a new Preash category because I actually willingly read a book. Artie Lange's Too Fat to Fish.



If you want to feel better about your life and simultaneously be entertained and amazed, you should check out this book.

Artie is a successful comedian and regular member of The Howard Stern Show. He was an original cast member of MadTV and has been in several movies. He also happens to be an overweight, out-of-control, self-hating, kind-hearted, drug abusing, unapologetic man's man.

The following video is Artie's most infamous moment on the show...when he attacked his assistant Teddy. If you haven't seen it, prepare to be amazed.



And here's another one of his violent blow-ups.

Artie is a great storyteller, and he has plenty of unbelievable stories to share in this book. From the tragic story of his dad's paralysis to his craziest drug stories to gambling to Hollywood, this is a guy who's been through it all. There are even a few poignant moments. I'm not afraid to admit that I shed a tear or two pretty early on in the book.



The book is written in the same way he speaks. Very conversational, plenty of explitives, and political correctness is out the window. If you're anything like me, you don't read often because you don't have the patience to finish an entire book. But I whizzed through these nearly 300 pages in just three days. So, obviously, it's a pretty quick read.

My only knock on the book is that I had heard pretty much every story already via the Stern Show. But odds are you're not an obsessive fan who, at some point, must listen to all six hours of every single show...so you're sure to be thoroughly entertained.



Bottom line - if you never listen to Howard, if you've never even heard of Artie, I'm confident that you'll still enjoy Artie Lange's Too Fat to Fish.

I give it 3 Preashes

No comments: