Wednesday, October 17, 2007

YumYums: Doritos Collisions and Arby's French Dip & Swiss Toasted Sub

A shoutout to 2 of my favorite unhealthy foods these days.

Doritos Collisions - Zesty Taco & Chipotle Ranch

Rating: 7 out of 10

There are currently 2 varieties of Doritos Collisions chips. The other is Hot Wings and Blue Cheese, but the Zesty Taco and Chipotle Ranch are far superior (those are the ones I'll be describing here). The basic premise - 2 different, but complementary, flavors of chips mixed up in one bag. Brilliant. I can't tell much of a difference between the two flavors, but it doesn't seem to bother me much. Currrently my 2nd favorite Doritos flavor(s), after Blazing Buffalo and Ranch.


Arby's French Dip and Swiss Toasted Sub
Rating: 7 out of 10

Just bread, meat, cheese, and au jus. Au jus, for those of you uncultured types, is meat sweat. I guess. I think of it as tasty sauce. Anyway, I'm a big fan of dipping food into sauces...it's always been my thing, going back to childhood, when I used to dip just about everything in ketchup. Even filet mignon. But I digress.
This hot sandwich is quite filling, they aren't stingy with the au jus, and you can't beat the curly fries if you get the combo. The sub itself is actually better than the french dips at some of the higher-end sandwich places. The only downside is that both the sandwich by itself and the combo are kinda pricey for fast food.

No comments: