Thursday, October 18, 2007

Complaint Box: take your damn kids outside

It's early fall in OKC. It's a sunny 65 or 70 degrees in the evenings. Perfect weather to be outside.

And the kids in the apartment above me are running around inside...every night...from 4 pm to 10 pm.

There used to be a young, single chick who lived above me. I never heard her. Seriously, never. Sometimes I even wondered if she had moved out. Well, she actually did a couple weeks ago. Now a single Indian mother and her 2 kids, a boy who's probably in 2nd grade and a girl who's probably in Kindergarten, have moved in. In a 700 sq. foot 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment. Holy shit.

The kids run around the apartment non-stop. Constant thuds from above. Sometimes stuff in my apartment vibrates. Last night I decided to fight fire with fire. I cranked up my stereo and turned the bass to the max. I think I got the point across. There was silence for about 20 minutes. Then it got crunk again.


"Let's eff with Ryan! Hooray!"

When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't even let my brother and I look at each other inside. As soon as we started to wrestle, she'd scream, "GO OUTSIIIIIDE!". So we would. When we started to wrestle on the lawn, she'd come out there and scream, "STOP IT! STOOOOOP IT!"

These kids need to go play outside. There's a playground in the apartment complex, for Christ's sake! Do something, crappy single mom!

I'll do the stereo bit a few more times, then I guess I'll have to be the snitch neighbor who complains to the management. I've always been on the receiving end of such complaints, never the giver.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Morgan Ash said...

YOU ARE THE LOSEREST OF LOSERS, MY FRIEND. NEVER MAKE FUN OF ME AGAIN FOR ANYTHING. BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BLOG. AND YOU BLOGGED ABOUT DORITOS, FATTY.


LOVE YA,
MORGAN