Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Video: Kids Peg Cars with Waterballoons



My junior year of college, my roommates and I lived in a 2nd floor apartment just off campus. For a few glorious weeks, we would drop waterballoons on passing cars coeds who were all dressed up and walking through West Campus to get to various parties. There were some trees right next to the sidewalk so, if we didn't feel like trying to directly hit passersby, we could just hit the tree over their heads and give them their own personal rainshower.

Then a high school buddy came to town. THAT high school buddy. He refused to let up on the waterballooning because he didn't give a shit about the repurcussions. Eventually he hit the wrong people. A couple of guys from the Asian fraternity next door and their ladies. They were livid. They demanded we show ourselves. They threatened to kill us. All over some moist clothes.

We got inside just in time, as they started pelting the sliding glass door with rocks. It sounded like a war zone. Luckily the door held. We forgot about it a few days later and all left for spring break. When he got back, everything on the patio was gone.

A couple of nice chairs. A decent keg shell. A mini grill. Gone. They must have gotten a latter ladder and climbed up there. Luckily, this was one of the few times we actually locked that sliding glass door or else I'm sure they would've let themselves inside and ransacked the place. I still don't understand how they were able to climb up a latter to the second floor of a busy apartment building in one of the busiest areas near campus without being noticed, but they did. As I recall, that was more or less the end of our waterballooning days. But it was fun while it lasted.

(Just thought I'd share that story since I got a complaint that I haven't really "blogged" in a long time. Some people actually want to read stuff I write. Go figure.)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

ok my college grad; ladder, not latter. sorry dude; still an entertaining recollection.

Ryan said...

Oh, it's like dat now? A'ight, den. Well at lease my shif key work.

Morgan Ash said...

Thanks for the tidbit. And now I can actually read preash on my radical iPhone