Thursday, July 16, 2009

TV: Michael and Michael Have Issues

Comedy Central shows are hit and miss. Some are brilliant and go on for seasons, while others quietly fade away without you even remembering they existed. For this reason, I decided to resist the urge to encourage everyone to watch Michael and Michael Have Issues (Wednesdays, 10:30p/9:30c, Comedy Central) until I at least saw an episode.

Just because someone has a brilliant comedic mind and a history of great stuff, it doesn't necessarily mean their Comedy Central TV show will be a sure fire laugh riot. So I didn't want to hype up the show before I saw it; I've been burned before.

But after having watched the premiere last night, I can gladly say that you should check out Michael and Michael Have Issues.

If you're my age and had good taste in goofy comedy shows as a kid, you probably remember these dudes on the MTV's zany (yes, zany!) sketch show The State. They've done some funny stuff since then. You've seen Michael Ian Black all over VH1 on those Remember the (Decade) shows. And if you're a College Humor fan, you've seen Michael Showalter interview/act and improvise with a bunch of hilarious people (Paul Rudd, Michael Cera, Zach Galifianakis, etc.) on The Michael Showalter Showalter.

Anyway, the show is funny and clever. Peep it, friends. Here's one of the sketches from last night's ep.

No comments: