Saturday, June 27, 2009

TV: MTV's Real World is Back!


ME Cancun, home of current castmembers

Just watched the season premiere of Real World: Cancun and I'm overjoyed at the fact that MTV producers decided to back to what makes Real World DVR-worthy. Attractive dumdums getting drunk, boning and fighting.

If the rest of this season maintains the level of must-see frivolity that was offered on the premiere, I may just be able to completely forget the disaster that was last season.

No feel-good social statements force-fed down your throat.*
No one trying to find themselves or their place in the world.**
No uglies.***

If I want to see a touching, insightful, meaningful story about deep, intelligent people I can relate to and feel for, I'll watch a documentary on HBO On Demand. That's not what I'm looking for on MTV's Real World. And this season, MTV gets it.

"That's my mom!"

* If last season's transgender dude wasn't an a-hole piece of sh*t, maybe the everyone-is-someone overarching moral wouldn't have come off so laughable.
** Yet, fingers crossed.
*** Aesthetically speaking, of course.

No comments: