Tuesday, June 9, 2009

List/TV: Most Bizarre Series Finales of All Time



This website I've never heard of has a list of the Most Bizarre Series Finales of All Time.

Now allow me to emote here a little bit. THE SOPRANOS SERIES FINALE WAS GREAT. I don't mind it being on this list because it was, indeed, bizarre. It wasn't your cookie-cutter, Hollywood ending. It didn't make everything black and white. It forced the viewer to do a little work and interpretation. Or let the viewer find an article that properly did the work and interpretation for them. Which is what I had to do.

Like everyone else, I was a little weirded out by the finale. I actually didn't have HBO at the time, so I was downloading the season six episodes and watching them the Monday after. So while you probably thought your DVR f*cked up on the last cut to black, I thought I had downloaded an incomplete rip.

I knew I liked the finale, but wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Then, a few days later, Valenza alerted me to this great article that brilliantly explains it. If, after all this time, you're still on the fence, make sure you read the article.

Link via Pop Candy

No comments: