Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preash: Help me maintain my sanity over Xmas

Alright, peeps, I need your help. I need to pick a TV show I've never seen to watch over Xmas break at home.

Surely I'm not the only one who experiences a back-home-overdose during the holidays. You're pumped to be off of work for a week and half and look forward to sitting around and doing nothing but eating, boozing with the peeps, and watching TV. But between your loopy family and the realization that it's actually very difficult to accomplish absolutely nothing while still feeling good about yourself...well, it starts to wear on you a couple of days in.


(My family not pictured)

To stave off cabin fever and fill the time between bowl games when I'm back in Sugar Land, I've made it a tradition to hold my own personal TV-shows-I've-never-got-around-to-watching marathon.

3 years ago it was the first couple seasons of The Sopranos. 2 years ago it was seasons 2 and 3 of Lost. Last year it was seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development.

So I'm asking you, Preashers. What TV show(s) should I peep on DVD over the break?

Here's a short list of shows that I've heard are good and might consider looking into.

  • 24
  • Weeds
  • Californication
  • The Shield
  • Battlestar Galactica

So what am I missing? What should I get into? Please leave your suggestions in the comments section.

6 comments:

D2 said...

Two to add:

Mad Men S1
Breaking Bad

Ryan said...

I've seen every Mad Men episode. I've seen a couple eps of Breaking Bad...hmmm.

amanda said...

Friends.....:) ahaha

Unknown said...

do you watch it's always sunny in philadelphia?
it's the seinfeld of cable with the hijinks of news radio.

Ryan said...

Yeah, I saw the first season but kinda fell off. I forgot to add that to the list. That might be what I go with...

Anonymous said...

Big Love. It's so good. Addicting. GReat acting.