Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Preash: A weekend with my parents



My parents came to Charlotte and we drove to Charleston for the weekend. Here a few quick highlights/lowlights.

  • My dad making up words that don't need to be made up. Ex. "The entrance is over there...but where's the outrance."
  • My mom using the term "for shizzle" in regular conversation when we arrived at Arby's.
  • My dad constantly clearing his throat so loudly that it scares you.
  • My mom constantly sneezing so loudly that it scares you...and annoys passengers on the airplane (my dad said a guy turned around and gave her a look).
  • My mom now walks so slowly that it's literally an effort to walk with her...and stairs, forget about it.
  • 6 hours round trip to Charleston...in the car...with my parents. 6 hours.
  • My mom asking on 5 seperate occasions about my ex-girlfriend, how she's doing, if we'll ever date again, etc.
  • My dad incessantly adjusting my car A/C.
  • Meals. Giant, delicious meals.
  • My mom's impulse buy at the grocery store...American flag bandanas. And her returning them the next day.
  • Being teased by my dad for "getting all fancy" to go eat dinner...then being rejected by the restaurant because he was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt. "We actually don't allow gentlemen without sleeves."
  • My mom crying at dinner because she was "proud of the man" her son has become. She's good at that.

So anyway, it was a good time. Family is great...in moderation. Love you guys.


Note: My brother suggested that I take this down because "it's a little harsh" but I'm leaving it up A) Because it's not harsh at all and B) Because no parents have as good of a sense of humor as mine...they know it comes from a good place. Plus, my brother's a Nancy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with your added "Note" you did make a few retractions and additions to your bulleted list. Good move. Maybe it's not because I'm just "too sensitive."

Ryan said...

You're gay.

Anonymous said...

Well played.

Rhonda said...

Now I am wondering what was on the bulleted list - Be nice Ryan.

Rustin - thanks for taking up for us !!

You are both whacko !