Monday, June 30, 2008

Movies: My quick Wanted review



I went to see Wanted on Friday night. It was quite awesome.

It was like The Matrix meets Fight Club, minus the originality of those two films. You still get a bunch of badass scenes and special effects and stuff, though.

My problem with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk was that they were so formulaic and predictable, with several slow parts, that I found myself bored and not paying attention at times. (Granted, due to a lifetime of the instant gratification that comes with channel surfing and web browsing, I have an extremely short attention span.) But there wasn't one time during Wanted that I looked at my watch to see how long it'd been since it started.

My only complaint is that they showed most of the best shots in the trailer and commercials. They should have saved some of it for only in the movie.

I give it a solid 3 Preahes.

Oh, and BTW, Angelina Jolie is too skinny now. She needs to put back on about 15-20 lbs. She was perfect when she was curvy.



I can't wait to see Wall-E next. It's got a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and is supposed to be f*cking brilliant.

No comments: