Monday, June 30, 2008

Preash: A Night in Uptown

So Work Dave and I ventured to Uptown (what they call downtown in Charlotte) to meet up with Triz and booze it up.

We drove to the light rail and took that to Uptown with the intention of crashing at John's place. It's been a while since I've gone out knowing that I wouldn't have to drive home. There's nothing more liberating than realizing that you can get as obliterated as you want and not have to worry about driving. Great stuff.

We had a few at Triz's then went to a place called Neighborhood Theatre in NoDa (North Davidson) to peep a Canadian band called Islands. I had never heard of them before but was in the mood for some live music and liked what I read about their style.

They were pretty awesome. They had two Asian violin players in the band.

Click to enlarge

Your boy at the concert. You can see one of the violin players in the bkg.


Triz and I tag-teaming the light rail safety fence thingy.


Gettin' it.


Work Dave and Triz befriended a couple of ladies.


I seemed to have a thing for inanimate objects that night.


Dunno.


Captain Smooth

The night ended with a late-night wrestling session. Any of my former roommates will tell you that I have a tendency to incite such events when extremely inebriated. Today I have a gorgous raspberry on my face, bruises all over and multiple carpet burns to show for it. Very professional-looking.

No comments: