Thursday, April 3, 2008

Video/TV: Clown Time - behind the scenes

If you've ever lived in Austin, you know about the cable access show Clown Time. It's almost as recognizable as Leslie, the cross-dresser who's always walking around 6th Street and ran for Mayor multiple times.


Leslie is dazzling

The show airs on the Austin Cable Access Channel, late on Sunday nights. Just the time that college students students are looking for something goofy and trivial to take their minds off of the ensuing school week.

Anyway, inspired by the link to the top 10 best 1980s cable access moments ever, I decided to look up Clown Time on YouTube.

What I found was this neat behind-the-scenes video of how this dude, James Laljer, runs Clown Time. I'm posting it because I know that alot of the most devoted preashers are good friends and "Texas Exes". And for those of you who aren't, it's still pretty interesting. Good editing.



Fun Fact: I called in to the show once. I got through, nervously asked some dumb question about who he thought would win the Pro Bowl, and was quickly hung up on. Oh wellz.

Another Fun Fact: I just remembered...Leslie was once in an Austin mini-court on 6th street at the same time as me. He was in full attire and was arguing with a secretary about some attorney-confusion issues. Go figure.

No comments: