Saturday, August 8, 2009

Music: Ida Maria - "Oh My God"



I'm really feeling this song right now.

Ida Maria first popped up on my radar when Alt Nation started playing "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked" about 4 months ago. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say I was a superfan. Then they started giving this song some air time and I had to download the entire album, Fortress 'Round My Heart.

I don't think the album is as good as those two songs alone, but it's worth a listen.

Now the song. With a pretty awesome, totally unique video. Funny how great songs by up-and-coming* artists are usually great.

Warning: The way her voice cracks when she really lets it rip may give you a bizoner.



*Up-and-coming in the US. Apparently this song was somewhat popular in the UK several years ago. Silly Americans!

No comments: