Saturday, April 25, 2009

TV: Rescue Me is One of the Best TV Shows On Air Right Now



FX did a TERRIBLE job of promoting the new season of Rescue Me.

I say this because it's one of my must-DVR shows and I didn't even know the fifth season had started until I had already missed the first two episodes. So with a combination of internet research and the "previously on" intro to the third episode of the season, I caught up.

And goddam this show is great.



It's the edgiest, most addictive heavy-on-the-comedy drama you can find on basic cable. The writing is brilliant. The characters are fascinating. The acting, especially Dennis Leary's, is great. And the unpredictability that comes with not knowing whether the uncomfortably tense scene you're watching will leave you laughing or leave you saying, "Holy sh*t" makes for great television.

Rescue Me Wiki

No comments: