Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Internets/Music: Thru YOU



This is one of the coolest things I've seen in quite a while. The creativity and talent this artist uses is mind-blowing.

'.'.'.'.' A 4-Preasher! '.'.'.'.'

Thru-YOU.com

Note: The site is back up and running as of 12:27 pm Saturday, March 7th.

This guy, Kutiman, edited together a bunch of unrelated YouTube videos of people playing instruments to make 7 suprisingly musical, very catchy songs.

Just awesome.



Addendum: I'm at home hours after this initial post, still completely awestruck by the brilliance of this. You can tell that this Kutiman guy is talented musician who understands the unique intricacies of multiple genres while simultaneously being a great video and sound editor. I'm so f*cking jealous of this guy's talent. Even when I disregard the amazing fact that it's all amassed from amateurish YouTube videos, I'm still completely compelled by the final musical product itself. **akwardly trying to hide my nerdboner**

This has gotta be my favorite expression of creativity on The Internets ever.



ATTENTION MUSIC INDUSTRY: Hope is not completely lost. Find a few open-minded singers. Find a few intelligent rappers. Find a diversely talented band. And get Kutiman to produce the album. Salvation.

Link via In4mador

No comments: