Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Video: The Trouble with Twitter

I was recently asked why I don't Twitter. I immediately snapped back, "You mean why I don't tweet, you dumb b*tch!" Then I said, "This video perfectly sums it up..."



I ask of those of you who use it: Has it every helped you? Would it be disadvantageous to you if you didn't have it (besides being a little more bored)?

I get annoyed enough seeing people's status updates on Facebook.

"Finally done with work. >:O"
"Gettin' ready to go out! Hit me up."
"Beef lo mein for dinner. I love my BF!"
"Just got my hurr did. LOL."

I'm always tempted to reply, simply, "I don't care."

Tressel said it best. "It facilitates the perpetuation of society's self-absorbtion."

Now your arguement may be, "You hypocritcal a-hole. You have a blog. A BLOG...ABOUT YOU!" To which I would point out that I rarely write about myself or my personal life. And if I do, it's a humorous personal anecdote. A quick story. Not, "Gotta finish this milk before it goes bad."

I don't care that you're putting off doing your taxes. And I don't want you to know that I'm doing unsavory things to myself at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday. So I don't tweet Twitter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your diatribe is as annoying as any facebook update. By the way, I'm home from work having a beer. I feel blessed to have such great friends... Just so you're updated.

morgan said...

ANONYMOUS is my hero. And you'll be twittering eventually - so you might as well get on the band wagon now.

Ryan said...

Anonymous is Stevie 3-Times. Anonymous is ALWAYS Stevie 3-Times. He's embarrassed by his obsession with Preash. Didn't mean for you to take this post so personally, brah.

Anonymous said...

who's high pitch?