Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Workplace: Beans with Barbara - It Goes Down Fa Sho

Never have I seen as much unbridled enthusiasm from the most ardent and devoted Preashers. I'm glad you all were so pumped about Beans with Barbara night. It was glorious.

As you will see from the following inspirational video, I, too, was unbelievably excited about this momentous evening.

***A Preash Original***



Now here's the pics.

Click to enlarge

Work Dave was the first to pounce. That's Lucas' back on the right.


As you can see, Work Dave was also ecstatic. If you look closely, you can see the one and only Barbara behind him rocking a lovely red sweater.


There's your boy, diggin' in. I tried to hide my overwhelming enjoyment by donning a cocky smirk, as if I wasn't actually gushing with anticipation.


My tongue cannot be tamed around Barbara's Beans. My lips are now chapped from licking them all day.


Hey, there's Lance West (aka Danger Boy) behind me. Even local celebrities can't deny the siren call of those pods of pleasure. (BTW, he's one of the coolest guys at the station.)


Handfuls of happiness.


A sight to behold...and eat.

So there you have it.

One loyal Preasher assumed it was BYOB based on the plentitude of crock pots pictured in the teaser post. But nay, those were all Barbara's. One doesn't post flyers throughout the station to get everyone pumped a full 4 days before the event without coming prepared. She was crocked and loaded.

I tried to get Barbara to pose next to her beans while she was preparing everything, but she said she was too busy. Oh, that Barbara!

2 comments:

Hump Day Sports said...

Beans and cornbread, must be an OK thing. Looks delicious though. I'm jealous.

Morgan Ash said...

Oh that Barbara! Can I suscribe to her Beans with Barbara newsletter!