Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Movies: Cloverfield quasi-review

NO SPOILERS

OK, so I saw Cloverfield last night. It was pretty cool, but it didn't blow me away. I probably bought into the hype too much. What a dummy.

Anyway, Whitney Matheson from Pop Candy was right on the money, so I'm just gonna quote her.

1. Go in with no expectations. Try to forget about the hype and just take pleasure in the film, which is 90 minutes of frightful fun. If you've been ignoring the online "clues" and whatnot, you might even be at an advantage.

2. Do not sit in the front row. Reviews will probably compare this to The Blair Witch Project, partly because of the handheld camera work. On Monday we may hear from moviegoers who couldn't handle the shakiness. I'm not sure how I could've prepared for it, but I'm warning you: It's pretty severe.
Rating: 3 Preashes

No comments: